Actiphage assay workflow steps
Quick overview of the Actiphage assay workflow.
Actiphage blood collection
- 2ml blood sample (sodium heparin) is required.
- Not refrigerated or frozen; shipped at ambient = 10-24C.
- Processed to the start of phage incubation, within 48 hours of collection, to prevent white blood cell degradation.
Actiphage white blood cell isolation
- Actiphage causes lysis of white blood cells to release the mycobacteria.
DNA is recovered from the mycobacterial DNA
Actiphage qualitative result is determined with qPCR
- Qualitative result: positive or negative for mycobacterium tuberculosis
- The PCR reagents targets M. tuberculosis conserved, multicopy gene IS6110 DNA.
Potential for automation of white blood cell isolation, magnetic bead DNA purification and isolation, and automated qPCR set-up platforms.
Watch the Actiphage workflow in the video.